2.24.2009

travel does not = glamour

I've said it before and I'll say it again - business travel, or any travel for that matter, is not glamorous. Especially when you're in the business of traveling to NASCAR events and race tracks. Sure, I accumulate a lot of airline/rental car/hotel points and I get to keep them all. And sometimes I get to travel to decent places like Miami or LA and even have a night off to eat at nice restaurants and I don't pay for it out of my own pocket. But today I learned that I will likely be heading to Bristol, TN. And since it's so close to race day and since Bristol is not a thriving metropolis, this is likely where I'll be staying:
So for anyone that thinks travel is glamorous, stay tuned for my forthcoming photo essay on the Bristol Super 8. It will begin right after I complete the two hour drive from Knoxville to Bristol...

1 comment:

  1. I also would like to know why the hell the only black girl in the office keeps getting sent to these redneck NHRA tracks in which I'm pretty sure I'm referred to by the locals as the colored girl who works for Ford. LOL. Hearing the word Brainerd still makes me go into cardiac arrest.

    ReplyDelete