4.30.2009

Welcome to Positive Thursdays

Today was a tough day for the domestic auto industry and the residents of Metro Detroit. Another day filled with a steady stream of negative news and uncertainty about the future. This got me thinking that we (or maybe I really mean me) are in need of a massive dose of positivity. We need to embrace life's simple pleasures more often.

I immediately thought that my Twitter community could help with this. In twitterland, there are groups or topics that can be followed through the use of a hashtag (#) and a phrase. For example, every Friday people suggest interesting people to follow on twitter and use the tag #followfriday so that you can search for them. So I decided that Thursdays would be a day to spread some positive news and instituted #positivethursdays. Much to my delight, a few of the people I follow picked up on it and sent out some positive updates!

As a way to take it one step further, I've decided to make Positive Thursdays a weekly blog entry. If you have some good news to share, send me an email or a tweet and I'll include it. The news can be anything good that has happened in your world or a happy story you come across in the media.

I'm happy to report that I have two positive things to share on this inaugural Positive Thursday:

1. On a day when there was a lot of negative auto-related news, I had a promising meeting w/ my automotive client on a new project pitch for an upcoming vehicle launch.

2. I bit the bullet and re-joined the gym today. Time to get this body back in tip-top shape!

Just a couple little things but hey, we've all gotta start somewhere. And we've got no place to go from here but up!

1 comment: